What size dumpster is right for your project? It depends on the size of the project you are working on and the footprint you have available to place the dumpster. We’ve broken down each roll-off dumpster size by dimensions, common uses, and their capacity equivalent in full-size pick-up trucks to help you decide which one is right for you.
5 Cubic Yard Dumpster
8' x 4' x 4'6"
The smallest dumpster holds approximately 5 CY of waste and is great for house projects.
- 8′ (at the top) x 4′x 4’ 6″
- Small basement or garage clean outs
- Disposal of yard debris
- Small kitchen or bath remodel
- Holds approximately 2 pick-up truck beds full of debris
- Holds up to 55 bundles of asphalt shingles
10 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
10' x 5' x 5'
A medium-sized dumpster holds approximately 10 CY of waste and is great for larger projects that don’t have room to house a full-size dumpster on site.
- 10′ (at the center) x 5′x 5′
- Single room renovation
- Flooring and carpet removal in larger homes
- Large deck or roofing removal
- Large basement, attic, or garage cleanup
- Holds approximately 4 pick-up truck beds full of debris